( 8 weeks) Monday- Thursday 10am
Our Theatre Class is designed specifically for children that have a passion for the performing arts. Although most children enjoy performing on stage, participants who study theatre can work in a variety of fields — including arts management, performance and production. Children in our program will learn the value of communication skills, collaboration, critical thinking and creativity. Through rigorous work in academic, studio, and community settings, the Department of Theatre & Dance develops engaged artists and active learners. Instructors and students work together to learn, create, and communicate in a spirit of exploration and collaboration.
• Students will demonstrate practical skills in theatre production, including scenic, lighting, costume, sound and make-up design; acting; stage management; theatre technology; playwriting; and directing. Students will be able to perform in at least one of these areas proficiently, and at least two others at a developing level.
• To be able to describe, analyze, interpret and evaluate dramatic literature and theatrical productions.
• To be able to articulate the formal, technical, historical, and theoretical attributes of their work and the work of others.
• Students will demonstrate effective collaboration skills, including leadership, time management, problem-solving, effective communication, constructive critique.
• Students will display an understanding of artistic practice, including conceptualization, development of skills, constructive critique, revision, and public dissemination.
• Students will discuss their artistic practice and choices with reference to the standards of the profession, and will be able to articulate ethical and cultural questions regarding contemporary performance.
• Through the fulfillment of a Capstone project, students will demonstrate critical thinking, writing, speech, and organizational skills at an advanced undergraduate level.
• Journal/Note book
• Presentation Board
• Camera/Phone Camera
- Lectures 8
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes